Do I need council permission?

A retaining wall is defined as any structure built for the purpose of supporting soil that otherwise would not be self-supporting.

In NSW, retaining walls over the height of 600mm from ground level may require council permission. Some structures may also require your retaining wall to be designed by a structural engineer. Depending on the development, other restrictions may apply. If you are not sure, please check with your local council or give us a call and we can assist you with your retaining wall construction plans.